Microblading:The God’s Honest...😩

So you get an afternoon off work, what do you do? Get a massage? Go for a glass of wine? Go for a relaxing walk? Well,  normal people would do that, but not me. No, no. I opted for laying in a beauty salon getting my eyebrows microbladed. And I believe that even the word doesn’t sound like something relaxing. Before I go any further I will just say that my good god it was worth every single second of being in there. Not only was it fab that the beautician was an old school friend but she also made me feel so excited about the procedure. Sound ridiculous when it’s so painful??! Hmmm, yep, maybe. But I already can’t wait to go back for my top up. I was caught off guard with the pain as for anyone who knows me knows that I have rather a lot of artwork covering my body. I’ve sat for up to 5 hours getting tattooed but nothing prepared me for microblading. It’s a pain I couldn’t describe. Actually. It’s not a pain. It’s an irritation. Like an annoying itch. It made me fidget. Made me want to kick my legs. Also made me want to wee a bit. (Women will understand that last one!) But that moment you’re handed the mirror and you get a look at the final product makes the previous two hours feel like a distant memory.
So I kinda knew what I was in for. Two years ago I had semi-permanent eyebrows done, so pretty much like a tattoo. But this is on your face. Daring. Scary. Sensitive. ALL da feels. Loved the previous ones so when Kat messaged me a while ago I thought “why the hell not. What have I got to lose?!”  From the moment I arrived she was professional and talked me through the whole process (as well as catch ups on the last 17 years) what would happen in the next couple of hours, the different stages, what I wanted my brows to look like, shaping, colour, a whole loada brow talk. You know the drill. Actually I think my least favourite part of the whole process was the net hat I had to wear 😬 But needs must and all that. Laying down for two hours was actually a fab way to spend an afternoon off work , team that with the relaxing music...if I’d have been left alone for too long I could have quite easily fallen asleep.

And so the brows were drawn on, checked to see if I was happy with the shape (I was. Obvs) and the process began. Lines. Lines. Powder. I won’t go too much into every single detail. But Kat was amazing throughout, constantly keeping me updated on what was going on, what she was doing next, what it would feel like, sound like, etc. With the odd school tale, post-school tales and the usual 17 year catch up chat thrown in. After two hours of being on the bed my new brows were complete. The fact that Kat kept saying ‘omg I love them they look amazing’ took my mind off the irritating discomfort (a good way of putting it, eh??!) The only way I could physically liken it to anything would be way back to being 13. The first plucking of the eyebrows by mother. (And I had bushy brows. Something I would LOVE now but not so much when I was a teenager. 90’s brows are fashionable now we’re in the 2K’s 😩😩😩) So imagine that. And then imagine someone catching a tiny bit of your skin every single time with the tweezers. Yeah? That. Just that. I can’t lie and say it didn’t hurt because that would be so unfair to anyone about to go for it doing. Like those people that say it doesn’t hurt giving birth...😂😂😂 I mean, I’ve never given birth. I’ve watched it. I’ve seen every single step of it. And I don’t just mean on ‘One Born Every Minute’. I mean like, I’ve watched it. In the flesh. IRL. It hurt to watch. So I know it’s a tiny, tiny white lie when someone says that. And just like my title says...it’s the gods honest!!! Swear down. On my life. Brownie promise. I’m telling the truth. And ladies, for things like this doing, you don’t just wanna go to anyone. You could end up being butchered. Always stick to someone who has been recommended or who has actually been. It’ll be worth it in the end. Just like my perfect new brows. 💁🏻🙋🏻

And now the countdown is on until top up day (and another afternoon off. I don’t know which I’m more excited for!)

(Microblading was done by Kat Snowden at Urban Beauty. You can check them out at www.urbanbeautyleeds.co.uk or head to Instagram and check out @microblading_by_kat and Facebook @urbanbeautyleeds )

Happy Friday ladies. Make it a good one (and pain free if you can!!!) Xxx

Comments

Popular Posts