Defining Moment...πŸ–€

So it’s been a couple of weeks since my “defining moment” post. My big epiphany. Life changing point. (I can still to this day remember learning about epiphanies in my English Lit A-Level class. Mr. Aubrey. Great Expectations. Ahh those were the days. You know, the ones you couldn’t wait to be over due to them being the most stressful ones at that moment in time. But definitely the ones you’d return to cos, actually, they weren’t all that bad πŸ˜‚ hindsight is a truly wonderul thing) And to be honest I wasn’t expecting half the reaction I got. From people I know and some that I don’t. It seems we all make our way through life not ever really knowing what others are going through. And sometimes being shocked when these things reveal themselves. Where I do believe social media has a lot of negatives it also has massive positives and is a great platform for people to be able to stand up and speak out. (Well, at least it should be. You will ALWAYS get those super judgemental few out there.) The more that people do that then the more things are “normalised” and I really do hate the word normal. (Again that takes me back to A-Level psychology. First class of term. “How do we define the term normal?” In doing so we had to define abnormal. At 17 I really don’t think I was equipped to deal with such questions . Hormones. Teenage years. Mind exploding stuff.)  It is kinda shocking that at one point homosexuals weren’t classed as normal,  neither were transgenders. And I’m sure there are still some people out there that agree with this πŸ™„ But that really could open a whole can of worms that no one really wants to start dealing with on a rainy Wednesday afternoon πŸ˜‚ People are way too judgy these days. Everyone should be allowed to be who they want to be without expecting a barrage of abuse from others. (Obvs if you wanna be a serial killer then that’s a whole different story!!!) Anyway, the point I’m reallllly slowly getting to is that I was so touched at people confiding in me and messaging me to tell me their personal struggles. There should be more people out there who want to listen and want to help others. Life can be a really lonely place and the older you get I think the lonelier it can become. You’ve gone past the point of just having anyone in it. You stand for less than you used to. You know your worth and know if something is worth working at or just calling a day. (Those days are YOUR defining moments!) Sometimes you think your struggles are bad until you hear other people’s and, just like those 6th form days gone by, you realise they weren’t all that bad after all. I read a perfectly apt (but rather sad) quote on one of my fave Instagram pages yesterday. @crimebydesign posted “If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.” πŸ™ŒπŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ So very true. Life gets easier if we all talk a bit more. But talk to the right people. Not to the ones who use your vulnerability against you. To those who want to just listen. Christ. I love to talk. I dont know what I’d do if I couldn’t. (Although this is a totally different case in the morning. I don’t do mornings FYI 😬)
So. Yes. Thank you to everyone with your lovely words and lovely stories. It’s good to talk. (Reminds me of Bob Hoskins in the old BT adverts.) And also make new friends as a result πŸ™ŒπŸΌ And now it’s time to wind down on this rather miserable and wet Wednesday. This kinda weather never makes me want to do anything other than hibernate with copious amounts of tea. Plus i have actually had to start writing things down in my diary. Me. Lucy. Who never forgets a thing (apparently.) I now have that much planned and penned in (not even pencilled but written in ACTUAL ink) that nights in are now grabbed by the balls and wholeheartedly loved. As if it’s nearly Christmas. As if I have my first event tomorrow night. As if it’s halfway to the weekend. 😬 I’m kinda still smiling through it all!!! #GIRLBOSS has got this!!!

Xxx

Comments

Popular Posts